Fun Taiwan



Busy, busy, busy. That's how I try to keep myself sane, without spreading myself too thin. Counter intuitive? Very. I mean, honestly speaking this is a time when the days and nights doesn't go by so seamlessly (despite all the support I got from friends and family, thank you.) 

After Istanbul, it was time to get my head on and back in the game. I had to finish what I've started and get that degree. My undergraduate thesis was an analyzation of a film called The Flowers of War by the legendary Zhang Yimou, which was based on Geling Yan's novel, 金陵十三釵, literally meaning thirteen flowers of JinlingThe first encounter with the film was in my first semester of university, when I watched the movie at a friend's rent. Four years later, I find myself in a room with three of my lecturers, defending my arguments. 

    14th July 2016

Juggling two to three different things is (kinda) my forte. At least I'd like to think of it that way. Before undergrad thesis defence, I also interned at CNN Indonesia. I always said I wanted to work in the media industry, and having this opportunity really gave me an insight of what it's like working at a news station. For what it's worth, I learned a lot digging through news sources and script writing while sipping my daily caffeine shots early morning.

    The interns

It has been a week since graduation, since I left home. Huayu Enrichment Scholarship is a language program given by the Taiwan Ministry of Education. In Indonesia, it is given through Taiwan Economic and Trade Office located in Jakarta. I always dreamt of one day continuing my studies where the local people speak the language I dived into for four years. And now, I can cross of another dream on my list (I keep a personal list, somewhere in my notes.)

    Grads

I know there are still three months away till 2017, but I have learned a lot this year. God will answer all of our prayers, all in the right time. I've learned that we shan't worry too much and that He's the best of all planners. All you have to do, is do your best and pray!

That is why I have decided to add a new piece to my identity. A small change in the efforts to be closer to Allah.

As a reminder that He is always with me.
He is the one I can rely on.
As a reminder that I need not worry, for He have set plans, 
better than my own.
As a reminder that I shall be forever grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

亲爱的八班!

A Bowl of Noodle Soup for the Soul