Indonesian Independence Day





Dirgahayu Indonesia!



Life Stories 2
Edited by Dr. Dino Patti Djalal


Currently trying to finish this book. A book of success stories, through which I have learnt that there are so many successful Indonesians studying and living abroad. Ordinary people who have started from the bottom and now they're achievements, discoveries and inovations are noticed and appreciated, not just in our nation but also worldwide.

Indonesia has a lot of potential, a country with an abundant of natural reasources, rich in culture, traditions and local wisdom. My wish for Indonesia is that its brilliant and smart youths will nurture their love and sense of nationalism for their country. Pursue in high education and achieve their dreams anywhere in the world but never ever forgetting where they started. And then one day, come back and apply their knowledge and contribute in helping the development of the land where they originally came from.


INDONESIA, MERDEKA!


My contribution? I'm just an ordinary young woman who still has TONS of things to stuff inside my brain. Although, I can't deny my love for Indonesian dance. I remember one day as a child, mom turned on a traditional music from west Sumatra and asked me to join her in a dance. It was just the two of us and it was very nice.

I've been dancing on and off ever since, specially dancing whenever the Indonesian Consulate General, Perth, WA is organizing Indonesian Tourism Festivals.

Throwback to 2008





Throwback to 2010



Throwing back to 3 weeks ago, proudly presenting an Indonesian dance in the 2015 Foreign Students' Chinese Summer Camp's Talent Show. A dance I learnt when I was a finalist in Abang Mpok Depok 2014 pageant. 



Coreographed by bang Fiki, taught by bang Arlan and mpok Echa. 


This was unexpected!


Other performances:

Livia, Sarah, Qivanny, Rifda, Nabila
Singing a very nice version of "Begitu Indah" by Padi


Livia and Michael



Dayat and whole of class 1
Dancing a Nepalese dance


Class 8
Singing multilingual version of "Let it go"

























Almost 3 weeks after summercamp and still missing it.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

亲爱的八班!

A Bowl of Noodle Soup for the Soul

Fun Taiwan